jueves, 26 de noviembre de 2009

My animal favorite


My favorite animal is the camel, but the species that I admire is the bactriciano. The reasons why I love so much are:
First, its slow journey inspires me tranquility. I get the impression that when walking, it enjoys the landscape that covers. Their big eyes and long eyelashes give an impression of tenderness in its face, furthermore its enormous figure doormat remind me a teddy bear or giant dog.
To this animal I met him when I went to the zoo Metropolitano. The reason of the visit was to do a research on animal welfare on different species such as carnivores, herbivores, birds and ungulates, and on this last topic I chose him because it was alone in its yard. Its face of sadness and its mouth with slobber, moreover that when I took to photographs it was placed near the photograph camera and at camel liked that I make cuddle in its ears. All this happened led me to love to this animal so lovely.
To finish its most important features. The camels live in Middle Eastern countries, mostly living in Somalia. It provide to the people with milk, food and transportation. Camels do not keep water in their humps as is commonly believed. The humps have fatty tissue. It is relatives of the South American camelids, the llama, alpaca, guanaco, and vicuña. The average life expectancy of a camel is 40 to 50 years.
Their mouth is very sturdy, able to chew thorny desert plants. Long eyelashes and ear hairs, together with sealable nostrils, form a barrier against sand. Their gait and their widened feet help them move without sinking into the sand.

No hay comentarios: